There is exactly ONE MONTH left until I’m leaving for my fall semester in Sevilla! So, instead of making a packing list like I probably should, I spent some time putting together this list of things I would really love to do while I’m there :) Here’s what I’ve come up with so far:
1. Visit my relatives who live in my great-grandfather’s house in Asturias, Spain! They live in Arlos, a tiny farming village with only 400 people. This is a picture of the Arlos countryside:
2. Do 75 things on this list of things to do in Sevilla: http://www.exploreseville.com/51things.htm
3. Go to a tapas bar and order the waiter’s favorites
4. Learn how to cook my host family’s favorite dish
5. Send a postcard home to my parents from every major city I visit
6. Befriend local Spanish students and see what life is like as a 20-yr-old in Sevilla
7. Get up and dance at a restaurant
8. Ride a camel
9. Visit Italy, England, France, Germany, and Morocco
10. Keep a journal and write down 5 things I learned each day
11. Leave letters around Sevilla for my roommate at BC to find (she’s studying there in the spring!)
12. Watch a movie without any English/Spanish subtitles…and actually understand what’s going on
13. Take lots pictures with my host family and make a scrapbook for them to keep :)
14. Become fluent enough to understand the jokes!
15. Fall in love…with the people, the places, the food, and the music of Sevilla!